Friday, February 17, 2012

End Table for Girl's Room

When I made the end tables for my sis & bro-in-law a year ago, I made one extra with the intention of doing something with it at that time.  Well, a year later I finally got around to painting it!  Go to the link if you want to see how I built them.


I wanted to paint a color that would fit in a girls room, I was going to put it at my mom's store, Weecycle, and thought that it would be a good color choice for her customers.
 
Kristin had started painting it a long time ago, but got distracted by something else, so it sat in the garage for a year looking like this.
 


I sanded it down to try and get all the blue off, it didn't all come off, so I just went with it.


I put 2 coats of pink and then covered that up with 2 coats of white and then got to distressing.


I tried to distress this with sandpaper by hand, but I couldn't hardly get any of the white paint off, so I used my electric sander and was not very gentle!  I had to really get after it to get the pink to show through on some spots.







After I sanded it, I clear coated it with a satin finish and it came out great.  Distressing is kind of tricky, because you could do it all day and still think you should do a little here, or a little there.  You have to come to a point and just be satisfied with how it turned out.

I have put this table for sale at my mom's store, Weecycle, for $75.00.  I plan to make more furniture pieces to sell up there, just have to find the time to get them done!

Thanks for looking!

Pin It

1 comment: